Welcome to our world of images printed directly on natural stone!
We create personalized photo gifts of coasters, trivets and larger custom stones from your own photos or from our original JDN Photography Canada award-winning collections. Art On Stone pieces are created by hand in Horseshoe Valley, Ontario, Canada using an artist’s touch to ensure the absolute best quality for your own ‘art on stone’.
How Art On Stone is created from high-quality original artwork
We create all stone pieces including coasters and trivets in our studio using a high quality printer. To ensure the highest quality product, we print directly onto stone using the best fade-resistant UV-cured inks. Our custom print onto stone follows a meticulous process.
- Preparation of the stone. Your tumbled or smooth stone is carefully selected and cleaned for proper ink adherence. Once the stone is cleaned, it must be fully dry and dust-free before the ink is applied.
- Image quality check. Your image is reviewed by our Custom Print Artists Jan Novak and Tamara Scearce to ensure that it will be a good fit for printing on your stone of choice. If not, our experienced team will work with you and make recommendations to ensure you get the best possible product to suit your needs.
- Printing begins! Our print process incorporates simultaneous white under printing to enhance the brightness of our colour inks. This helps us to achieve vibrant colour and incredible durability.
- Packaging. Once complete, we carefully wrap your art in recyclable craft paper and place it in a rustic burlap bag. No gift wrap required.
- Delivery. Since all of our pieces are hand made, delivery date is dependent on factors such as quantities, custom production, courier schedules, etc.
- Arts & Culture