If your business is tourism, your business should be here.
Key Investment Opportunities
Located just over an hour north of the GTA, Orillia & Lake Country offers outstanding investment potential. Recent research has identified three key investment opportunities:
Top 4 Reasons to Invest in Orillia and Lake Country
1. Location – We are just over an hour north from the GTA, 20 minutes from Muskoka, and easily accessible from major highways 400, 11 and 12.
2. Access to incredible, integrated waterways and trails, including:
– Trent-Severn Waterway, Georgian Bay, and Lakes Simcoe and Couchiching
– over 17,000 acres of recreational forest land
– over 200 km of integrated mountain bike trails.
3. World-class festivals and venues, including:
– Mariposa Folk Festival
– Burl’s Creek (Boots & Hearts Music Festival, Big Sky Music Festival, and Rolling Stones concert 2019)
4. One of Ontario’s top 4-season recreation destinations and home to some of the province’s finest resorts and outdoor adventure locations, including:
– Casino Rama, Fern and Bayview Wildwood resorts
– Hardwood Ski and Bike, internationally renowned cross-country ski and mountain biking venue
– Horseshoe Valley and Mount St. Louis alpine ski hills
– Hardwood Ski & Bike and Treetop Trekking
Other Current Investment Opportunities
Rama First Nation Leasing Availability
22 Peter St. South, Box 2525
Orillia, ON L3V 7A3
705-325-4903 x 106
Contact our friendly and knowledgeable Investment Team to learn how we can help your tourism business excel here in Orillia and Lake Country
We are committed to this investment of approximately $150 million, which is expected to bring long-term economic value to local businesses.
– Darlene Bradley, Acting Chief Operating Officer, Hydro One
There is a lot of job creation and great opportunities for local businesses that are growing off the retirement and recreation booms that are being pushed from the mass of people in Toronto.
– Jonathan Reid, General Manager Horseshoe Resort