Founded in 1906, the Washago Community Centre has been a community meeting place for over 100 years. In 1956 a foundation was dug to accommodate the building of a new hall. This building lasted until 2007 at which time the old building was demolished to make way for a new existing structure that opened its doors at that time. Over the years family names such as Hepinstall, Agnew, Ellis, Carson and Brooks have been vitally involved in the maintenance and day-to-day running of the centre. Today, the Washago Community centre is pleased to be as involved, if not more so than at any other time in its history.
4361 Hamilton St., P.O. Box 419 Washago, Ontario L0K2B0