A Party for Pirates
August 31st – September 1st
Article by: Brennan Moxey
Shiver me timbers, are you ready to party like a pirate in Orillia?
‘X’ marks the spot on your calendar this Labour Day Weekend for the Port of Orillia Pirate Party.
The annual event has a variety of different entertainment available for all ages all weekend! Enjoy a movie, in-water pirate displays, treasure hunts, live music, prizes and more!
On Friday night you can visit the Rotary Aqua Theatre at 9pm-11pm and watch “The Goonies” as a Pirate Party warm up! Why not celebrate with a classic pirate movie to get everyone in the pirate mood?!
After the classic Friday night movie, you should be in the Pirate mood and all set for the fun-filled entertainment on Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday, you can receive your Downtown Orillia Treasure Map to track down some treasure! Hand in your completed treasure map to be entered into a draw for great prizes including, two tickets to Jeremy Hotz courtesy of Casino Rama, tickets to the 7th Annual Sunset Cruise & Concert featuring Craig Cardiff, gift certificates to local restaurants, and water toys from WOW Watersports.
During the day witness popular pirate demonstrations including the popular “Walk the Plank”, fencing, and Pirate Ships in the Bay.
- 10:00 A.M. – Treasure Map Distribution Begins
- 11:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. – Live Performance by Unbranded
- 11:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. – 2020 Ontario Winter Games Volunteer Sign-up
- 12:00 – 3:00 P.M. – ONPARA Wheelchair Basketball Demonstration
- 1:30 P.M. – Pirates of Lake Couchiching (Rotary Aqua Theatre)
- 2:00 P.M. – Rotary Club of Orillia “Walk the Plank” Kick Off (Rotary Aqua Theatre)
- 2:00 P.M. – Fencing Demonstration
- 2:45 P.M. – Pirate Ships in the Bay (Under the Command of Tom Hurlbut, Simcoe Squadron)
- 3:00 P.M. – Rotary Club of Orillia “Walk The Plank” for the Rotary Aqua Theatre Restoration Project
- 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. – Live Performance by Däv and Crash Monkey Mob
On Sunday witness Pirate Ships in the Bay (Under the command of Tom Hurlbut, Simcoe Squadron) with performances at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Grand Performance right at the Waterfront Centre and plenty of room for public viewing, live music by Charlotte and the Dirty Cowboys and the Mudmen, and prizes based on the best dressed crew and best decorated boat.
Don’t forget Sunday is the last day to hand in your treasure map for a chance to win a variety of different prizes!
- 11:00 A.M. – Pirates Ships in the Bay (Under the command of Tom Hurlbut, Simcoe Squadron)
- 3:00 P.M. – Pirates Ships in the Bay (Under the command of Tom Hurlbut, Simcoe Squadron)
- 3:00 P.M. – Charlotte and the Dirty Cowboys
- 5:00 P.M. – Deadline for Treasure Hunt submissions
– Boater Awards Presented
- 7:00 P.M. – 9:30 P.M. – Mudmen
If you visit this party, make sure to tag us @OntLakeCountry and use #OntLakeCountry for your chance to be featured!